Sunday 6th October was the first day of the ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System Standard) Bogota Working Group meeting (TC 207/SC1 WG5).
Steve Williams – LRQA Deputy Technical Director is attending the meetings in Bogota – and is representing the Independent International Organisation for Certification (IIOC). “One day into the discussions and the key point emerging from yesterday’s meeting is that the Working Group has put in place a revised timeframe for the ISO 14001 revision process. Committee members will now be working towards these dates to meet the currently planned publication date of the revised standard itself in 2015.” said Williams.
The current timescales are set out below:
1. Issuance of ISO 14001 Committee Draft 2 (CD2)
Plans for CD2 to be issued at the end October 2013 for a 3 month ballot [Oct 2013-Jan 2014]
2. Issuance of ISO 14001 Draft International Standard (DIS)
Feb/March 2014 (planned)
3. Publication of ISO 14001 DIS
July/Aug 2014 (planned)
4. Publication of ISO 14001 Final Draft International Standard (FDIS)
March/April 2015 (planned)
5. Full publication of revised ISO 14001 Management System Standard
May/June 2015 (target date)